||Anthony Way, MA (Cantab) Chemical Engineering
||Prior to joining ECC in 2000, Anthony held senior positions in major international oil/gas companies which gained him invaluable experience in leading gas & LNG negotiations. He is highly sought after as an Expert for price reviews disputes.
||With over 30 years of experience in the industry, Anthony has worked extensively as an advisor to a variety of major oil and gas companies worldwide, leading negotiations for a considerable number of gas/LNG sale and purchase agreements in Asia, Europe and Africa. He has been involved at a senior level in contractual negotiations. As part of this, he has frequently advised on Agreements for LNG sale and purchase, including for LNG Terminal Agreements. He advised, for example, on commercial matters concerning the import of LNG into Singapore’s recent Terminal. Anthony frequently acts as an Expert Witness in international disputes in the gas industry, principally in the area of gas pricing, where he has experience in over 50 cases in International Arbitration. He also leads many of ECC’s training courses and workshops, the most recent of which have been around the effect of European gas market deregulation on price and price reviews.
||Enron Corporation, Amoco Production Company
- Expert Advisor and Expert Witness for major European gas buyers/importers in their Price Reviews of a large number of gas supply contracts; economic and financial analysis to provide Expert Witness submissions. Acted as Expert Witness under International Arbitration.
- Appointment as Expert to the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce in the arbitral resolution of a high value contractual dispute relating to Price Review in gas sales in Central Europe.
- Commercial Advisor to the Singapore LNG Terminal in its assessment of the terms for the import of LNG and the establishment of a multi-user import terminal; including a leading role in the negotiations.
- Appointed as Expert in 2013 to the National Iranian Gas Corporation on two major disputes with respect to its gas exports.
- Appointed as Expert in 2015 to Naftogaz of Ukraine in its multiple disputes concerning the purchase and transit of gas from Russia.