||Head of Mergers, Acquisitions, and Divestments
||Lawrence is a senior M&A and business development leader with a 20-year track record in evaluating, structuring and executing transactions in the energy and mining industries.
||Lawrence has led projects in the financial valuation and risk assessment of international oil, gas and mining assets and companies and successfully negotiated a number of M&A transactions. He has also produced testimony in disputes related to the valuation of projects and assets in the oil and gas industry.
||Rio Tinto, CQS Management, Shell Gas & Power, Shell International E&P, University of Oxford
- Leading the successful sale of part of Shell’s stake in the $800 million Hazira LNG project in India to Total. He also led negotiations with Repsol, BG, and HPCL.
- Playing a key role in originating and presenting proposals to develop the multi-billion dollar Shell Qatar GtL project.
- Leading negotiations for Rio Tinto’s move to control of Ivanhoe Mines, securing a majority position in the Oyu Tolgoi Mine in Mongolia.
- Negotiating the sale of the Rio Tinto Alcan Kitimat port and associated land to LNG Canada and structuring a Project Management and Cooperation Agreement.
- Advising QAL on the sale of a surplus gas option contract to APLNG.